I know that most of my readers are university students and young adults so I wanted to give you some ideas of how you could spend Valentine’s Day without breaking the bank.
I think Valentine’s is such a nice time because it’s an excuse to celebrate your love and show your partner some extra special attention.
Jake and I normally pick a recipe and we try making it together. We dress up and decorate the table nicely and spend the night just enjoying each other’s company. I think it’s important to do a little something every year even if it is as simple as sharing a meal. This year, we’ve chosen to make homemade sushi. Neither of us has ever made it before and we both absolutely love it. I’m very excited to try something new.
Some other ideas that I have come up with that are also so special but yet very affordable are:
1. Share a bottle of wine and play your favourite board games.
2. Build a fort, order a pizza and watch a romantic movie on Netflix.
3. Go skating on the nearest lake and enjoy a hot beverage and cuddles afterward.
4. Re-create your very first date at home – it’s both romantic and thoughtful.
5. Go to Hotshop, make your hearts beat faster and sweat it out at a drop-in yoga or spin class together.
Valentine’s can often be a stressful holiday because there is a lot of pressure to make it special. I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that you love each other and the best gift is the time you spend together.
I hope you have a lovely Valentine’s day!
All the photos were taken by my wonderful friend @danagerlitz.