- Valentine’s day with my love. We made a homemade pasta, salad, garlic bread and cake together and celebrated on a budget. It was the best Valentine’s day yet.
- When my favourite German friend, Maren, came to visit on spring break. I missed her so much and it was so nice to see her again. I hope she visits again this year.
- My family, Jake and I, went to Vero Moderne Bistro in Calgary for my mom’s birthday and it is by far my favourite restaurant in Calgary to date. I have tried a lot of new restaurants this year but this one is just so delicious. No one left disappointed with their meal and the service and atmosphere was excellent.
- The Juno Awards with my girlfriends. Although it was short it was still an amazing experience to see a show like that live.
- Graduating from high school with my friends and boyfriend. Grad was such a busy and chaotic day but I couldn’t have asked for a better one. We had so much fun dressing up and graduating along side all of the people we have grown up with.
- Also grad, there will be another blog post soon about how I prepared for grad to help all of you who are graduating in 2017.
- My grad present from my parents, a trip to New York, was such a wonderful experience I was so grateful for. I have another blog post about it here.
- My 18th birthday party with all my friends and family was such a lovely day and I felt so special. I have a blog post on it here.
- My blog has been getting way more traffic this year which is probably due to my more frequent posting and dedication to my blog. I am super proud of it and I have really made an effort to make it a priority in 2016. I hope to grow my blog views to at least double in 2017.
- I started my first year of my Bachelor of Communications, a four year degree in Information Design. I am super excited about it and I have made some amazing friends already. I can’t wait to learn everything that my profs have to offer. So far it has been such a great experience at Mount Royal.
- I was soooooo excited when I found out my grandparents were coming for Thanksgiving. I’ve grown up in Calgary my whole life but my family is from out East and I am so family oriented that it is really hard when we are alone on the holidays. I was so happy to have family to celebrate Thanksgiving with. I wish they could stay forever! I have a blog post on my 2016 Thanksgiving here.
- My sister had her very first art show at ACAD. She is in her fourth year of her degree and I was so proud to be her sister. Her show was amazing and so is she!
- A Christmas tradition of mine and Jake’s is to get a photo with Santa every year. I love this tradition because it is so fun to see all the photos year after year.
- Jake and I’s 3 year anniversary was such a lovely night. We went to Cilantro and had an amazing meal together. Can’t believe it’s already been 3 years! A post on my blog from our date is here.
- Ending 2016 and starting 2017 with a trip to Costa Rica with Jake and my family is such a relaxing way to end a busy year and begin a new one. There will be posts up about the trip soon.
I hope everyone has a lovely new year filled with happiness!